Produce Perks Midwest is a regional nonprofit that pioneers solutions to address inequities within our food system. Our work increases affordable access to healthy food, supports farmers and strengthens local economies – in our most underserved communities.
Title: Program Coordinator, part-time (approximately 25 hrs/week)
Reports to: Statewide Program Manager
Date: July 2019
Produce Perks Midwest (PPM) is seeking to hire a Program Coordinator for the Produce Perks program, Ohio’s nutrition incentive program. Produce Perks provides a $1-for-$1 match for SNAP/EBT customers shopping at participating locations. This position will facilitate coordination of on-going operations, development, and growth of nutrition incentive programs throughout Ohio. The Coordinator will assist the Statewide Program Manager in management and expansion of the Produce Perks program at direct-to-consumer markets and grocery stores throughout Ohio. This position will require some travel within Ohio. The Coordinator will report to the Statewide Program Manager.
- Coordinate Program Operation, Expansion & Implementation
- Serve as a point of contact for Produce Perks program operators to connect with resources and best practices, and to troubleshoot challenges
- Assist in development and implementation of annual trainings and provide technical assistance related to program operation
- Ensure compliance and completeness of all data into FM Tracks data collection platform
- Manage Produce Perks application process and identify potential expansion sites
- Support program development
- Communications, Outreach & Program Promotion
- Support coordination of statewide promotion efforts including implementation and evaluation of annual promotional campaign
- Regularly update website/social media with relevant information to ensure it is effectively serving consumers, program operators, and partners
- Produce monthly e-newsletters and other communication initiatives
- Coordinate regular communications with program partners
- Program Evaluation
- Assist in development and production of quarterly and annual program reports
- Conduct focus groups of program users
- Conduct site visits
- General Support & Program Sustainability
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and monthly calls
- Support planning/coordination of quarterly network meetings & monthly calls
- Support overall program expansion efforts, including Produce Perks pilots at retail grocery venues and fruit and vegetable prescription program (PRx) pilots.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Working knowledge of farmers’ markets and local food, and healthy lifestyle practice
- Passion and vision for healthy, equitable food system development
- Strong oral/written communication skills; ability to speak in front of small groups and public settings
- Effectively coordinate with others remotely
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to work independently and with diverse populations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, Google Docs, Dropbox, and social media
- Highly motivated, creative person with strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Flexible schedule
- Punctual and dependable
- Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references as one PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please title email subject line: StatewideProgramCoordinator_[first name][last name].
- Applications will be considered until July 19, 2019.
PRODUCE PERKS MIDWEST, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND VALUES DIVERSITY AT ALL LEVELS OF ITS WORKFORCE.